Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mo' Moving, Mo' Problems

I have moved four times in less than a year.  It's about to be five.  I am so ready for this phase of my life to be over.  Moving is a nightmare.  Especially when it's hot.  Especially when you have bronchitis.  Especially when there is sloshy snow on the ground.  Especially when you have to decide what to keep for the summer and what to put in storage.  I feel I've experienced it all.

I'm ready to slow, and to settle down.

To do this, I've got to know what is ahead for me.  I would love to be wild and free-spirited, but no one ever tells you how much planning that actually takes.

I want to find a place that's affordable, will let me have Basil (fenced-in yard preferred), has a big enough kitchen for me to cook in, and room for my furniture that fit in my old house.  Hopefully two bedrooms.  I can live with one bathroom, but I MUST have a place to craft and have guests.  And an old place, full of character would be nice.  That's not too much to ask, is it? If I'm paying for it, I want to like it.

Maybe someday I'll just sell everything I have and move to a big city.

But I wonder -- all the great experiences a big city provides -- do they mean anything if you can't share them with the people you love?

And now...a tribute to my former houses, that I loved.  Sigh.












No comments:

Post a Comment