Wednesday, September 1, 2010

WHEN It's Love

This post isn't technically an overview of a one-derful adventure, but still a one-derful thought for you...


I listen to this song a lot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR2TIzM5PaQ&feature=related


It's called, "If It's Love" by Train.  I love me some Train, and the melody of this song is beautiful, along with a select few lyrics.  


Note this stanza and bolded line. 








But I'm afraid when I hear stories

About a husband and wife

There's no happy endings

No Henry Lee

But you are the greatest thing about me





Really?
Someone else is the best thing about YOU?
The GREATEST thing?

I've made this a special point of interest because of the power music holds over some people.  We've all been there.  If I'm happy, I want a soundtrack for my happiness.  If I'm sad, I wallow in it and let the sad lyrics seep into my system.  If I need to get some work done, I crank pandora -- I love it, and so do my students.  (Who wouldn't love a little Louis Armstrong in the background?)  Sometimes it expresses those feelings I can't vocalize, and provides a comfort that I'm not getting anywhere else.  Or livens up a party!  I love this song so much, but when I hear that line, I cringe.

Let's not define ourselves by another.

When it's love, the greatest thing about you will be you.
One-derful you.










2 comments:

  1. Tab I think you are amazing! I too have lonliness issues. I am so proud of you for discovering you before there is baggage or others to have to not be you for. Congrats on a journey I wish I could have taken long ago! I wish you freedom to be the real Tab that everyone will respect and adore! We love you and miss you!!! Audra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Audra! :)

    Kelly and I have been planning a day for her and Ash to come up...if you guys don't have school on a Friday I probably will, haha. So, we're thinking some Thursday night then they can stay the night and come to my classroom on Friday!

    ReplyDelete